Words of Wisdom
Keys to Success in Business and Life
- Attitude is everything. Be positive, optimistic, engaging, spirited and happy. People like to be around happy people.
- Build your house on a solid rock of education. Be a dedicated lifelong learner. Be curious. Ask lots of questions. Be an absolutely superb listener.
- Take a risk, try something new. Life is a bold adventure or nothing at all.
- Your integrity and your reputation are all you have, guard them carefully.
- Surround yourself with smart, values-driven and caring friends, and then don’t be afraid to ask for, and give them, lots of help.
- To be truly successful in life, find something you are passionate about and follow it with gusto.
- Take good care of yourself. Health, vibrancy and vitality are essential for a long, happy and successful life.
- There is more opportunity than you could possibly imagine, but you have to go look for it.
- Lasting success does not come from chance, fate or good luck. Be well prepared, have a plan, set clear goals and remain focused on them regardless of circumstances or difficulties.
- No success is ever achieved without diligence, hard work and unrelenting persistence in the face of inevitable challenges and failures.
- Be kind and fair. Stay humble. Treat everyone with respect. Give back, help others, help your community.
Just doing my normal morning reading (Google Reader and TwitterGadget) and I came across this work by author John Spence.
I was inspired by both the simple list and the video. My favorite from the list:
"Be kind and fair. Stay humble. Treat everyone with respect. Give back, help others, help your community."
All nicely stated.
Thanks for reading. Please lead quietly.