With a subtitle of "The 6 Critical Values That Are Changing the Way We Lead and Succeed, the Kuczmarski's identify six leadership qualities, that is, the six sides of a squared apple. These six qualities are:
- Humility - Leaders should view themselves as insignificant
- Compassion - Leaders understand others and are concerned with other's well being.
- Transparency - A leader must be emotionally and mentally accessible to other. No hidden agendas.
- Inclusiveness - A leader must accept and value people's differences.
- Collaboration - A leader must leverage people's strength to form strong partnerships in pursuit of common goals.
- Values-based Decisiveness - A leader must allow values to serve as the compass for decision-making.
The authors follow this list with a seven step approach for implementing change. The first step is to "Reach out to serve others" essentially, living as a servant. Call it servant leadership if you prefer.
The book provides nice insight on leadership and a framework for evaluating the human side of your organization. How does your organization fit?
Thanks for reading. Please lead quietly.